Q: yppasswd protocol

Post by Patrice Poynt » Wed, 10 Jan 1996 04:00:00

I am trying to modify and compile a C program on a SUN that was originally written
and compiled to run on an IBM.  The program will make a call to yppasswd to change
a user's NIS password if it passes certain criteria.

The section of the program where it calls yppasswd is as follows:

  /* change NIS passwd */
  if ( yppasswd( old_pass, pass_entry ) == 0) ....

Where:

  struct passwd *pass_entry
  char old_pass[9]

When trying to compile the file:

  cc filename.c -lrpcsvc -o test.o

I receive the following error:

  Undefined symbol yppasswd first referenced in file filename.o
  ld:  fatal:  Symbol referencing errors.  No output written to test.out.

Any ideas?  I am not too sure as to what is going on.  But it seems as though
the header file exists (/usr/include/rpcsvc/yppasswd.h), but not the executable
(/usr/include/rpcsvc/yppasswd.x).  It is on the IBM, but not the SUN.  I can
not find anything about this function in the Answerbook for Solaris 2.4 or 2.5,
only Solaris 1.1.  Is this function still available?

------
Ciao, Patrice Poynter
EDS/MCD UNIX System Support