peer to peer

Post by Kari » Thu, 07 Nov 2002 07:53:14

Hello,

Where can i find a tutorial about peer to peer programming under unix ?

Thanks for your help !

Karim

peer to peer

Post by William Aher » Fri, 08 Nov 2002 09:32:04

> Hello,

> Where can i find a tutorial about peer to peer programming under unix ?

> Thanks for your help !

> Karim

UNIX Network Programming by W. Richard Stevens

There are no OS facilities anywhere, that I know of, specific to P2P. P2P
programming is specific to an application, tho there are some projects that
are attempting to create a generic P2P framework (protocol specification
and/or actualy source code-- C, Java, et cetera), such as Sun's JINI:
http://www.jini.org/

-- Bill

1. Setup HP peer-to-peer printers

I am trying to establish a Linux server in our Solaris / Windows
environment. We use peer-to-peer HP printing rather than a print server.
All printers are attached to our network via HP jet direct boxes.

On the Solaris machine I run 'jetadmin' which allows me to establish
printers & queues but I can't find a 'jetadmin' for Linux on the HP web
page. I have set up HP's Web Jetadmin but it doesn't seem to help me set up
printers on the Linux box.

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Eventually I want to set up Squid Proxy Server. Any pointers on this would
also be appreciated.

Thanks,
Nigel

2. Mosix maillist/newsgroup?

3. Peer to peer w/ NE2000 Ethernet...

4. 'find' and compile with 'javac' and then check file dates if .class is new

5. 2 Computer Peer-to-Peer networking troubles

6. Linux BootP Setup Problem.

7. Peer-to-Peer Problems

8. 3c905B w/ RedHat 5.1

9. What cable for peer-to-peer ?

10. peer to peer file sharing

11. peer-to-peer or client/server networking?which one better?

12. peer 2 peer network programming

13. Peer-to-Peer : Mixed Linux and Windows