Of course, if you can get at the MAC addresses, it shouldn't be too difficult
to get at the IP addresses too ... just try another library function :-)
(1) Things will get worse before they get better.
(2) Who said things would get better?
1. WANTED: pingmac <IP ADDR> which returns <MAC ADDRESS of IP ADDRESS>
I know this can be done by way of ping/arp at the solaris command line
or via a script, OR via system() calls. Does anyone know of someone's
efforts to whip this up in an actual executable? The goal of the
program is to work like this:
PINGMAC 126.96.36.199 (dilbert): MAC ADDRESS of dilbert is:
I know there are practical limitations like: MUST BE ON SAME SUBNET
and stuff like this. BUT does anyone know of a pgm like this, or
might be able to point me somewhere that might?
2. I NEED D SET THat has gcc-2.5.8 on it!
3. IP Masquerading with IP Address and Mac Address Restrictions
4. stty error message when printing from Progress
5. How can I convert a tty address to an IP address in older SCO UNIX
6. Bad Behaving BocaBoard 2016
7. Convert ethernet address to ip address
8. Solaris 8 x86 boot failure ?
9. Convert IP Name Address to Numeric Address
10. Binding a single IP Address to two different MAC addresses
11. Determining IP address from MAC address
12. MAC Address From IP Address
13. change MAC address can change IP address of a machine?