raw SCSI devices

Post by Kevin R. Benjam » Wed, 15 Mar 1995 06:56:34

I have a SCSI device connected to /dev/rsd2a that I need to write to.
I can read from it using C, but cannot write to it.  od and dd work
well with my SCSI device, but nothing else will write to it.  I want
to lseek to a particular byte on the disk and write to that byte.  I
wish I had the source code for dd.  I've tried using fopen and open.
fopen and fread work OK, but open and read do not work.  I cannot write
using fopen or open.  If anyone has any suggestions or solutions or source
code, I would really appreciate it.

                Thank you in advance,
                Kevin

raw SCSI devices

Post by Kevin R. Benjam » Thu, 16 Mar 1995 05:31:11

I have a SCSI disk connected to /dev/rsd2a that I need to write to.
I can read from it using fopen and fread but cannot write to it using
fwrite.  I cannot read or write using open, read, or write.  All of
the above work fine on files, but don't work with /dev/rsd2a.  dd is
the only thing that will write to /dev/rsd2a.  Does anybody know
the source code for dd?  Or, does anybody know how to use open, read,
and write on a raw SCSI device?

                Thank you in advance,
                Kevin Benjamin
                Martin Marietta Corp. (315) 456-2392

1. raw SCSI devices

I have a SCSI device connected to /dev/rsd2a that I need to write to.
I can read from it using C, but cannot write to it.  od and dd work
well with my SCSI device, but nothing else will write to it.  I want
to lseek to a particular byte on the disk and write to that byte.  I
wish I had the source code for dd.  I've tried using fopen and open.
fopen and fread work OK, but open and read do not work.  I cannot write
using fopen either.  If anyone has any suggestions or solutions or source
code, I would really appreciate it.

                Thank you in advance,
                Kevin

2. How does a process reject a connection?

3. raw scsi device I/O

4. Communications Utility for Solaris

5. character device, block device , raw device?

6. special keys via. remote shell

7. ziptool-1.2 with parallel zip drive and getting a "no raw scsi device" message

8. SMC Ether 16 Ultra (8216)

9. scsi raw devices?

10. SCSI Raw Device --- need help!!!

11. How to do SCSI commands on raw device?

12. How relative do raw device bind block device on linux ?

13. Cannot open master raw device '/dev/rawctl' (No such device)