Q: Socket Buffer Flush

Post by Paul A. Lande » Fri, 10 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Can anyone tell me how to flush sockets?  fflush() works for file
streams,
but what does one use for sockets?

I have tried ioctl with the I_FLUSH option, but it did not work.

Thanks for the help.

_______________________
Paul Landes

Q: Socket Buffer Flush

Post by Robert Sander » Sat, 11 Apr 1998 04:00:00

> Can anyone tell me how to flush sockets?  fflush() works for file
> streams,

No you can't. See the socket FAQ ( http://www.ibrado.com/sock-faq/ ) for
more info.

Robert.

1. How to flush UDP socket buffer?

Hello,
 I Need help of network programming Gurus .

 I have a UDP server opened & it has received 10 datagrams (say) in
the receive buffer. Now I NEED to dump the datagrams from the receive
buffer WITHOUT reading the datagrams & still keeping the server open.
How can I free the receive buffer? Is there any system call to do
this? Any other solution?

 Any suggestion will be appreciated.

 Mohammad

2. How to create shadow passwords

3. How to flush socket buffer?

4. Looking for sources for rw_rdlock() etc..

5. Flushing Socket Read/Write Buffers

6. Followup on siimage

7. flushing a socket buffer

8. NetWare gateway not functioning

9. How to flush socket buffer?

10. How to flush UDP socket buffer?

11. close on a socket does not flush buffer

12. How to flush socket buffer?

13. doing buffered RPC via clnt_call: how to do a buffer flush?