Help file thing?

Post by Philip Macdona » Wed, 23 Dec 1992 00:04:43

        Hi Folks,

        I'm writing a datebase program and am looking for a way
        to set up a process to run in the "background" while
        the program does other things. I am looking for the
        best way to achieve this. Is fork the way to go??
        If someone could post an example of how to do this
        I would be most greatful. Or mail me info on this.
        system is Ultrix btw.

                Happy Holidays or Happy First Day O' winter :)
                        Phil

1. file.html and file.html/ give same thing

Hey all, got a question.

this is weird.
if you request a URL such as http://www.someserver.com/file.html/ you actually
get the file http://www.someserver.com/file.html

now way is that ?

Why don't servers just give error 404, Not Found, for the first URL, since
that URL is asking for the default file in a directory called file.html or the
listing of it, in case there's no default file there ?
It's not asking for the file file.html but for the directory, so why do I get
a file ?

I'm confused by this....

Thanks in advance,

Otis
--
eZines Database          -      <URL:http://www.dominis.com/Zines/>
eBooks Dominis Bookstore -      <URL:http://www.booksite.com/cgi-bin/zines>

2. Solaris 2.5.1 and SIOCG* ioctl calls on /dev/tcp

3. that sun env var thing -- it's the old LD_LIBRARY_PATH thing right?

4. expand disk space

5. That stupid windoze thing again (was That stupid prayer at school thing again...)

6. run time error "lio: unformatted io not allowed"

7. Bad things, man...bad things...

8. Unix security from the inside going out

9. please help, my OpenOffice's help (and many other things) doesn't work

10. Log file gzipping and numbering thing

11. Needfull Things: after a script that monitors a sap log file for specific words

12. On Compiler Performance, File Fragmentation, And Other Things

13. some things in my messags log file making me queasy