Opening a socket connection while in a socket connection.

Opening a socket connection while in a socket connection.

Post by Brent A Curti » Thu, 23 Apr 1992 05:25:37

Hello,

I am new to using sockets and am working on a project that requires
me to audit services accessed under a client/server program (TCP/IP)
socket connection.

What I want to do is send a datapacket to a collector machine each
time a client accesses a service on the server.  It seems that
I am unable to do this from the server.  Basically, in short form
I need to be able to do the following:

1. Client connects (TCP/IP socket connection) to server
2. Client requests a service from the server
3. At that point I want to send a datapacket to a audit server.

Any Ideas?  I am familiar with most of the concepts involved in
using sockets.  Maybe I have been working on this to long and have
gotten tunnel vision.

Thanks

Brent Curtiss

Academic Computing Services