How to flush socket buffer?

Post by Mosharr » Thu, 16 Aug 2001 10:52:38

Hi,
 I am looking for solution of the following problem.

 I have a UDP server opened & it has received 10 datagrams (say) in
the receive buffer. Now I want to dump the datagrams from the receive
buffer WITHOUT reading the datagrams. How can I free the receive
buffer?
 Any suggestion will be appreciated.

 Thanks.

How to flush socket buffer?

Post by Nithyanandha » Sat, 18 Aug 2001 23:46:13

>  I have a UDP server opened & it has received 10 datagrams (say) in
> the receive buffer. Now I want to dump the datagrams from the receive
> buffer WITHOUT reading the datagrams. How can I free the receive
> buffer?

You can't flush the socket receive buffer without reading the datagrams.

--

Nithyanand.
Siemens, Bangalore, India.

1. How to flush socket buffer?

Hi,
 I am looking for solution of the following problem.

 I have a UDP server opened & it has received 10 datagrams (say) in
the receive buffer. Now I want to dump the datagrams from the receive
buffer WITHOUT reading the datagrams. How can I free the receive
buffer?
 Any suggestion will be appreciated.

2. about pnp modem setup

3. ram disk?

4. How to flush UDP socket buffer?

5. FAQ updated again

6. Flushing Socket Read/Write Buffers

7. How-To's

8. Q: Socket Buffer Flush

9. flushing a socket buffer

10. How to flush UDP socket buffer?

11. close on a socket does not flush buffer

12. doing buffered RPC via clnt_call: how to do a buffer flush?