Help figuring out an equation, or a way to do something...

Post by Barry Margoli » Tue, 07 Mar 2000 04:00:00

>I'm trying to find a way to discover the day of the week (monday,
>tuesday, etc...) that a given birth date originally fell on, using
>YYYYMMDD as input. I'd appreciate any help or pointers.

Do a search for "Zeller's Congruence".  This is a formula that will tell
the day of week of a date.

1. Ways to figure out what started a diald

Hoi,

Situation:

Small office network (15 computers) connected to the internet through a
linux-based firewall and an ISDN  modem ..

Looking through the syslog I see that during the night the diald process
starts dialing out to the 'Net and I know there is noone using the machines
at the moment, so it must be some background process or soemthign taht is
doin the polling ..

My question is,
is there a way to find out *what* causes the diald to start polling ?

Or is there a way to find out what traffic goes through the link (apat from
using tcpdump) ?

Please reply via email or Cc: all answers to me
thanks

2. ASTM-Host

3. Please Help Me Figure Out How to Figure This Out

4. Newbie: Installing packages?

5. Can't figure out how to do something in Apache

6. Strange UUCP chat problem

7. How do i disable all ways to get access to the dos prompt on startup?

8. How to check HTML / styles/ Java script for errors?

9. help I've done something silly with glibc!

10. need help doing something simple(?)

11. How do i disable all ways to get access to the dos prompt on sta

12. Different ways of doing the same thing?

13. Summary: HELP - chown doing something strange.