X-window problem !!

Post by Akhil Singh Rajp » Sun, 08 Sep 2002 16:25:45

Hello friends,
Greets !!!

  Well, i am a new user of linux.I have a problem in X-window .Pls.
help me out. !!

Actually, when i properly close it down from start->logout->OK.It
hangs each time & CAPSLOCK,SCROLL-LOCK starts blinking.Even
ctrl-alt-del doesn't work.
Only  i have to hard boot it.
But all these things doesn't happens, when i came out using
ctrl-alt-bkspc from X-window.

I don't know why its behaving like this.

                                                   Akhil Singh Rajput

X-window problem !!

Post by Bill Marcu » Mon, 09 Sep 2002 05:50:26

On 7 Sep 2002 00:25:45 -0700,

Quote:> Hello friends,
> Greets !!!

>   Well, i am a new user of linux.I have a problem in X-window .Pls.
> help me out. !!

> Actually, when i properly close it down from start->logout->OK.It
> hangs each time & CAPSLOCK,SCROLL-LOCK starts blinking.Even
> ctrl-alt-del doesn't work.
> Only  i have to hard boot it.
> But all these things doesn't happens, when i came out using
> ctrl-alt-bkspc from X-window.

> I don't know why its behaving like this.

Which window manager do you use?  What linux distro and version?  What
video card?  Do you start from a graphical login screen or "startx"?
(Not that I know the answer, but this information might help someone else to
help you.)

X-window problem !!

Post by Akhil Singh Rajp » Mon, 09 Sep 2002 19:16:53

> On 7 Sep 2002 00:25:45 -0700,

> > Hello friends,
> > Greets !!!

> >   Well, i am a new user of linux.I have a problem in X-window .Pls.
> > help me out. !!

> > Actually, when i properly close it down from start->logout->OK.It
> > hangs each time & CAPSLOCK,SCROLL-LOCK starts blinking.Even
> > ctrl-alt-del doesn't work.
> > Only  i have to hard boot it.
> > But all these things doesn't happens, when i came out using
> > ctrl-alt-bkspc from X-window.

> > I don't know why its behaving like this.

> Which window manager do you use?  What linux distro and version?  What
> video card?  Do you start from a graphical login screen or "startx"?
> (Not that I know the answer, but this information might help someone else to
> help you.)

Yah, i understand your point.I thought it is obvious ,i meann everyone
do as i do.Sorry for that.
Well, i use gnome/kde both on redhat-linux 7.3 .I used to start it
with "startx".

1. X-window Problem on SPARCstation 4

Hello,

I can't run X11R5 or X11R6 on SPARCstation 4. They said no screen found.
Although openwin can be run, core dump results every time it exits (I
don't know why core file is generated even I have set "limit coredumpsize
0k").

The SysAdmin of those hosts told me that it is due to X11R5 and X11R6
don't support the hardware. As the systems are not under my
administration, I can't update the software and I am not sure the version
of Solaris they use.

Can anyone tell me if there are any switchs which can solve the problem?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Davy

2. Flash disk driver for Linux beginning programmer

3. X-window problem on a gateway g6-333C

4. Setting up CMI8330 Sound Card w/ Redhat 6

5. X-Window problem with screen blacking out.

6. f77 compiling problem with GNU FEE ver. 0.5.26

7. X-window problem

8. Modem Problem

9. Install RH 5.1 X-window problem

10. x-window problem on IBM 760XL