Help : who ? - ortolo5.txt [1/1]

Post by Jean ORTO » Mon, 14 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hi all

  I was advised that the remote host name which is indicated by
the 'who am i' command, might either be absent or get truncated
( on some unices ). My questions are :

        In the case the remote host name get truncated, does it
get truncated from its beginning, or before its end ?

        Either for alphanumeric or X-Windows shell,
which is the amount of chars being left, for the remote host name ?

  At the end, my last question is :

        Is it eventually possible that this remote host name might
be the IP address of the host ? How to avoid this ?

  Jean

1. rgb.txt replaced by Xcms.txt?

It appears that /usr/lib/X11/rgb.txt has been replaced by a file Xcms.txt in
the same directory. The slackware distribution that I got from the Info-Magic
CD-ROM (November 95) includes an Xcms.txt with only very few color names
defined. A few basic things like "blue" and "red" are there, but my all-time
favorits from rgb.txt e.g. "linen", "DarkGoldenrod", etc. are missing!

Does anybody know of a Xcms.txt that is backward-compatible with rgb.txt?
Thanks!

Paul Stravers
--
Philips Research.           Zap the Web at http://olt.et.tudelft.nl/~stravers/

2. saving partition table

3. cat list.txt |java os.mindyph $1 >list2.txt

4. How to do a complete system backup?

5. robots.txt vs sitelist.txt

6. strfmon does not print curenty symbols

7. cat list.txt | java os.mindyph $1 >list2.txt /** which is evaluate first ???*/

8. ncr875?

9. copy *.txt one_file.txt in Linux

10. monitor DB besides modeDB.txt and Monitors.txt

11. robots.txt vs sites.txt

12. Help x86 :Cannot load Solaris blue boot - englisch.txt (0/1)

13. Help with script file - Unix Final Exam1.txt (0/1)