Authen::Smb Perl Module yields "Undefined Symbol" Error

Authen::Smb Perl Module yields "Undefined Symbol" Error

Post by Flurin Rup » Wed, 24 Apr 2002 20:59:24

Hi all

I am trying to set up a folder (under htdocs) for http access protected by Apache::AuthenSMB (invoked through .htaccess).
I have a problem with Authen::SMB, which causes any authentication attempt by Apache::AuthenSMB to yield the following error message in the error_log:

/usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_Valid_User" called from httpd:/usr/local/libdata/perl5/site_perl/i386-openbsd/auto/Authen/Smb/Smb.so at 0x404a00d4

A similar error message is produced if I try to do an authentication on the shell using the program described in Authen::Smb's Synopsis.

All I found on ld.so Undefined Symbol errors (for different programs), were messages saying one should patch or upgrade some application specific library. Thus I feel inclined to believe that the problem lies with the smb.so implementation. However, I do not know all too much about Perl, so I do not know where to look for the problem.

I need to authenticate against a NT-domain, or a Samba server, but since I run OpenBSD there is not much choice in modules I can use, as most require PAM, which as far as I know is unsupported, and few the others I found do to compile...

Here is what I use:

Apache-AuthenSmb-0.60
Authen-Smb-0.91
mod_perl-1.26
Perl 5.6.1
Apache 1.3.19

I also added the following lines to httpd.conf, right after the LoadModule statements:

PerlModule Authen::Smb
PerlModule Apache::AuthenSmb

I hope someone can shed some light on my problem, and thanks in advance.

FR

1. ps command yields "ld.so: Undefined symbol: _kvm_read"

While in the recent past, executing the "ps" command worked
on our Sun server running SunOS 4.1.3_U1, today, executing "ps"
yields the following message:

     ld.so: Undefined symbol: _kvm_read

Can someone suggest to us what the problem might be so that
we can restore the ps utility?

Thank you for your time,

Josef Jurek

2. using a Sun for packet filtering/firewall

3. "Undefined symbols in module /lib/modules/xx/xx.o: __this_module"

4. overriding package BASEDIR when using pkgadd

5. tdb_link error: "cg: cannot calculate difference between symbol ".L1 and symbol"

6. Linux Today Astroturfed by Own Staff

7. nic bundling

8. kde error: "undefined symbol: __pure_virtual"

9. strange "undefined symbol" error

10. Help : error undefined symbol "NEEDS_SHRLIB_libm_4"

11. What does "Undefined symbol "_glXMakeCurrent" mean?

12. "Openserver 5.05 - idemkreg error undefined symbol"