A problem with compiling Unix Network Programming v1(Stevens)

A problem with compiling Unix Network Programming v1(Stevens)

Post by Heavywi » Tue, 09 Oct 2001 00:28:33

The steps I compile are:

...........//omitted...
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
creating Make.defines
creating config.h
config.h is unchanged  //Since I've already configed,so it remains unchanged...

gcc -g -O2 -D_REENTRANT -Wall   -c -o connect_nonb.o connect_nonb.c
In file included from connect_nonb.c:1:
unp.h:114: redefinition of `struct in_pktinfo'
make: *** [connect_nonb.o] Error 1
Why struct in_pktinfo became redefined?
Thanks.
By the way,my OS is Slackware inux8.0

1. compiling examples from stevens 'advanced programming in unix' book.

did anyone succeed in compiling the code-samples from the book
'advanced programming in unix' by richard stevens?

I cannot build the libmisc.a library.

if you tried it and succeeded please contact me through my email:

P.S.  Also, if anybody is familiar with additional running code examples
(that run under linux, ofcourse). I need code for advanced programming,
for example: system calls, IPC.

2. Mustek 600 III EP Plus

3. Help!! Stevens - Network programs compiling on Dec Alpha

4. cut and append

5. Stevens' book : UNIX network programming

6. Request for Discussion on Unpriviledged ports

7. unix network programming by Stevens

8. SCSI Lockup Question (Adaptec & Seagate)

9. 2nd Ed. Of Stevens Unix Network Programming?

10. Stevens' Unix Networking Programming, 2nd edition

11. Wanted: Unix Network Programming by Stevens

12. Help needed on Stevens' Unix Network Programming

13. Problem with Stevens book: Advanced Programming in the UNIX Environment