Am I in the correct newsgroup?

Post by Anders Eliass » Tue, 25 Jun 1996 04:00:00

I've written a Server/Client application for Unix in C.
I want to run it from Netscape. This is what I need help with.
I've compiled the server program and I try to run it as a CGI-program.
When I try to execute it in Netscape it just sits there "loading".

If anyone has some kind of experience of this, I would be very happy if
I got some tips.

/Anders Eliasson

Post by Stephen Bayn » Wed, 26 Jun 1996 04:00:00

: I've written a Server/Client application for Unix in C.
: I want to run it from Netscape. This is what I need help with.
: I've compiled the server program and I try to run it as a CGI-program.
: When I try to execute it in Netscape it just sits there "loading".

: If anyone has some kind of experience of this, I would be very happy if
: I got some tips.

Netscape will keep on loading until the CGI program finishes.
As server programs tend to run for ever, you will be loading for ever.
The client program would be a better choice for the CGI program.

--

Philips Semiconductors Ltd
Southampton                                 My views are my own.