Wise advise needed: choosing right portable db/middleware for Solaris

Wise advise needed: choosing right portable db/middleware for Solaris

Post by Ilya Varae » Wed, 15 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi all.
        Our program creates during it work a number of tables (logs,
reports etc), that may be later proceeded by various application like
CrystalReports or stored in some external database for accounting
purposes. We've used ADO/Jet in Windows version, and now time has come
to port our app to Solaris... can anyone give me some advice about
choosing the proper cross platform software, analogous to ADO, to
store records, so that they can be accessed by CrystalReports, Oracle,
MSAccess and other popular databases | report generation tools? I've
heard about CTree from FairCom, but I'm not sure about its
interoperability with other databases, like Oracle... any thoughts
about it or other (royalties free preferably) middleware for Solaris
please?
I would really appreciate your response. Thanks in advance!
        ivar

Wise advise needed: choosing right portable db/middleware for Solaris

Post by Paulo Margac » Fri, 24 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm a student in an engineering course in Portugal. I'm working in a Data
Warehouse Project, and in my case I have sometinh like Heterogeneous
Products (Ralph Kimbal- the Data Warehouse Toolkit), and I would like if
anybody can indicate an example so I can see how it really works.

Thanks

1. Linux on portables or laptops - advise needed

Does anyone in the UK run Linux on a portable or laptop? I would like to get
some idea of suitable hardware before I dive into the market place clutching
a wad of 20s in my grubby little hand.

If you do run Linux on a portable or laptop computer can you post or email
me some info on the hardware you are using, the supplier of the hardware and
whether you are happy with it/them.

--

UTS Sys Admin,  Manchester Computing Centre,  Oxford Rd,  Manchester, M13 9PL

Never try to outstubborn a cat.       -- Lazarus Long, "Time Enough for Love"

2. WARNING: Sorry, no swap space to grow stack for pid 4456

3. Need advise about choosing a tapestreamer

4. SB32 PnP, any success somewhere ???

5. choosing a portable

6. problem with NAT and proxy-ARP

7. Choosing the right programming language

8. LyX

9. choosing the right host hard/software

10. Problem in choosing right graphiccard

11. The zen of choosing the right upgrade habits for Linux?

12. Help! Need to choose between AIX or Solaris

13. choosing the right host hard/software