How to send a file to a WWW or FTP site ?

How to send a file to a WWW or FTP site ?

Post by kein.. » Wed, 09 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Hi,

Could someone tell how to do it or where to find the source codes for a
program which will send files to a WWW or FTP sites ?

Thanks in Advance !

Joe.

Post by Michael Davi » Fri, 11 Aug 1995 04:00:00

: Could someone tell how to do it or where to find the source codes for a
: program which will send files to a WWW or FTP sites ?

Ehhhh ... it sounds like you are asking for the source code implementing
the ftp and http protocols, is that correct?

Linux (a freeware UNIX) has an ftp client, and all of Linux is available as
source code. You'll need to check where it is, but look for the set containing
TCP/IP.

I don't know of any http clients available as source.

--

 Michael Davis   \     WWW:     http://www.he.tdl.com/~jubjub/

 Software engineer solicits new C/C++/UNIX contracts ... see my web page
                PGP public key available via finger, WWW, or key servers

1. WWW: Request for Feedback on WWW site on Linux distributions

Joseph:

Gotta say, overall a great site. Not bogged down with too many graphics, easy
layout to navigate, good information.

My only suggestions would be these:

1. Perhaps consider including info on Stampede. It's a fairly new distro (in
comparisson), and has done some nice things overall with it's setup features. I
still prefer my good ol Slackware, but it's another alternative with some
advantages to the newbie.

2. Consider placing a little more info on the main page conserning the differences
between installations. One of the things I ahve found that scares most new Linux
users away, is that they are afraid of the actual install. Once they get beyond
that fear...we usually find them lurking around groups like these within no time.
I guess fear is worse thatn the actual fate of doing huh?

Just a couple of suggestions, but other than that, nice page. Mind if I link it?

2. FS: DEC ALpha and VME I/O Surplus Hardware

3. UnixWare FTP sites for my FTP sites FAQ?

4. replacing termcap with terminfo

5. CVSviaFTP: Automagically update your remote FTP/WWW site

6. Dial in with PPP

7. WWW: Linux BYTE Benchmarks WWW Site

8. Linux behind a DSL Linksys bluebox

9. WWW/FTP patch sites?

10. Linux PCMCIA www and ftp site change

11. *NEW* Linux WWW page and FTP site, get current slackware here!

12. E&P: Looking for ftp and www sites for new ERUUG cookbook

13. IP aliasing patch -- FTP (not WWW) site?