no recv

Post by Paras Sharm » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 18:29:50

Hi

   I have  one Client Server  TCP Socket Application [where Server is
external]

socket(AF_INET..)

Client sends the packet  but donot wants to recieve,  where as Server
sends for every recive packet.

The requirement is to send max packet to the server.

Can  we clear the buffer without calling recv()/select/poll or  tell
server TCP socket that we are just in sending mode.

Is there any way to do so with programing or system's configurations.

Thanks
Paras

no recv

Post by David Schwart » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 19:06:27

Quote:>    I have  one Client Server  TCP Socket Application [where Server is
> external]

> socket(AF_INET..)

> Client sends the packet  but donot wants to recieve,  where as Server
> sends for every recive packet.

> The requirement is to send max packet to the server.

> Can  we clear the buffer without calling recv()/select/poll or  tell
> server TCP socket that we are just in sending mode.

> Is there any way to do so with programing or system's configurations.

    You can try calling 'shutdown' to shutdown just the receive side of the
socket. I make no promises about how well this will work.

    DS

no recv

Post by Lorinczy Zsigmon » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 00:38:36

> Hi

>   I have  one Client Server  TCP Socket Application [where Server is
> external]

> socket(AF_INET..)

> Client sends the packet  but donot wants to recieve, where as Server
> sends for every recive packet.

> The requirement is to send max packet to the server.

Some kind of hacking? In the real world client must read the reply/
acknowledgement of the server...

1. Not Available these Signal nos on Linux

Greetings,

The following macros are there on AIX  but not on Linux.If we have
on Linux pls  suggest me how to use(say path) or tell me alternative?

#define SIGDANGER 33    /* system crash imminent; free up some page
space */
#define SIGSAK    63    /* secure attention key */
#define SIGSOUND  62    /* sound control has completed */
#define SIGKAP    60    /* keep alive poll from native keyboard */
#define SIGGRANT  SIGKAP /* monitor mode granted */
#define SIGRETRACT 61   /* monitor mode should be relinguished */
#define  F_CLOSEM       10/**on AIX /usr/include/fcntl.h****/
#define _D_NAME_MAX 255

Thnaks in Advance
Sudhakar Reddy.N

2. kerberos

3. CD-RW: CDFS? Unstable dev nos?

4. Linux & Netware 3.12

5. NOS shootout

6. Paged Vnodes in SunOS 4.1.1

7. Seeds for random nos.

8. Changing computer name in Mandrake...

9. faster NOS: NetWare or Linux?

10. Software to read NOS/VE backup tapes

11. Help: What is best NOS/platform for Oracle?

12. Unix <-> NOS