floppies PC->Sparc2

Post by G. S. Marz » Thu, 17 Sep 1992 03:48:11

can I get a SPARC2 to read a PC 3.5" floppy?
thanks - GSM

floppies PC->Sparc2

Post by Erik Horstkot » Sat, 19 Sep 1992 00:42:52

Yep.  Become root and mount /pcfs.  Check it out in the manual.
--
Erik Horstkotte, Manager, Software Development, Togai InfraLogic,
Inc.

Standard disclaimer: the preceding are my opinions, not TIL's.

floppies PC->Sparc2

Post by Bernhard Schne » Sun, 20 Sep 1992 00:35:00

>Yep.  Become root and mount /pcfs.  Check it out in the manual.

or install the mtols package.  It is faster and does not require
root privileges (as long as us set the floppy /dev entries to 666)

\Bernhard.
--

GeNUA Gesellschaft fuer Netz- | TU Muenchen Physik |
und UNIX-Administration mbH   | 8046 Garching      |        Auslaender bleiben,

1. Unable to boot Sparc2.6 after installed Sparc2.7

Greeting, I have Sun Ultra 10 Sparc system. After install sparc 2.7
evalution copy on a new HD, my system is now having problem to boot
from the original HD with 2.6 Sparc Solaris. The error message is as
follow:

Can't read disk label
Can't open disk label package

cprbooter cpr boot
Can't read disk Label.
Can't open disk label package

Now I can only boot the HD with Solaris 2.7 OS, the HD with Solaris 2.6
is no longer bootable. Above message is the problem i am having.

My goal is to have two OSs, Sparc2.6 and Sparc2.7, running on my Ultra
Sparc 10 and swapping the HDs when I need to running from one of these
OSs.

I wonder if anyone has smiliar problem and how I could resolve this
problem.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.. Thx

Vincent Shyu

2. Xdm Hanging

3. < x86: BUG - system panics on PC-fs floppy IO >

4. A Nervous PS/2 Mouse

5. How to copy large file to floppy (span disks on Sparc2 box)

6. aix-digest V3 #925

7. PC Versus Sparc2 workstation

8. Check it out! A new Site For Beginners and advance!

9. remote access to Sun Sparc2 running Sunos 4.1.4 by PC Anywhere VT emulation

10. PC versus Sparc2 workstation

11. PC/Linux Sparc2 vs. Clone/SunOs 4.1.3

12. Connecting Sparc2 to PC

13. Sparc2 -> Windows NT ?