How to send an attachment through email?

How to send an attachment through email?

Post by Out of the China Bl » Thu, 09 Mar 2000 04:00:00

/ different output reports to my users.  I would like the reports to be included
/ as attachments in my email, so that I can include other information in
the body
/ of the email.

You're looking for MIME. Multi-something Mail Enhancement. Or something.
MIME is a way of encoding and decoding a variety of documents into a
single mail message.

/ What is the best way to accomplish this programatically?  Or, what mail/email
/ programs are available that can help me accomplish this task?

I don't know any specific programs, but if you include MIME in your search
strings, you should find useful code. Especially for unix.

(Transporting messages is distinct from encoding and decoding text in the
messages. You might find code that does it all, or you might find it
unbundled in two or more programs.)

--
CACS: Collective Against Consensual Sanity       v0.123
Now a text site map! http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/cacs/

How to send an attachment through email?

Post by Web66936 » Fri, 10 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi All....

I am creating a program that will perform a nightly process on our HP-UX
server.  When the process is finished, I would like the program to email two
different output reports to my users.  I would like the reports to be included
as attachments in my email, so that I can include other information in the body
of the email.

What is the best way to accomplish this programatically?  Or, what mail/email
programs are available that can help me accomplish this task?

Thanks for your suggestions and/or advice!!
-Dave

How to send an attachment through email?

Post by Robert Davidso » Fri, 10 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I do not know if this will work on HP-UX, but you may
have to compile the program I use here under HP-UX.  I've
never used HP-UX so this is a stab in the dark.  This works
on a linux box:

cat message.txt | mutt -a attach1.txt -a attach2.txt -s "subjec here"

you can use other command line options such as -b for a blind carbon
copy.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Robert Davidson.

> Hi All....

> I am creating a program that will perform a nightly process on our HP-UX
> server.  When the process is finished, I would like the program to email two
> different output reports to my users.  I would like the reports to be included
> as attachments in my email, so that I can include other information in the body
> of the email.

> What is the best way to accomplish this programatically?  Or, what mail/email
> programs are available that can help me accomplish this task?

> Thanks for your suggestions and/or advice!!
> -Dave

1. Sending Attachments thru mailx command

Hello Everyone,

In one of our application we're using the UNIX mailx command to send
the mails with attachment. Currently we're able to send the attachment
that is less than 40K in size. But unable to receive the attachments
that are greater than 40K. But this is working fine within our UNIX
environment, but the same is not working on the production area. Is
there any configuration required for this or any variable has to be
set on the UNIX platform to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance
Pras

2. need advice from working UNIX SYS ADMINS

3. Sending email with attachments

4. getting xmms to work

5. How Do I send an Email with attachments from the command line

6. Samba How-To

7. Sending email & attachments from command line

8. sendmail mqueue problem

9. how to send attachment via email in script?

10. sending email with attachment from command line

11. how to send an e-mail and an attachment from the command line?`

12. Sending email attachments

13. How can I send multiple attachments in one email ?