help! anybody know of good scripting book?

help! anybody know of good scripting book?

Post by Hilliard Cashion Jr » Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I work with a batch scheduling software package that runs on SunOS 4.1.1
over a network. I need to figure out
how to write a script that will tell me how many jobs are running on a
particular cpu at any given time, and for
how long they are running. I am not a programmer type or have much time to
do this, so I guess I'm going to do
it on my off hours. Does anybody know how I could go about writing this or
know of a good scripting book that
has good examples, instead of just commands? Any help is much appreciated.