Percentages of Unix & DOS programmers for types of applications

Percentages of Unix & DOS programmers for types of applications

Post by Neuromance » Sat, 29 Jan 1994 07:11:35

Another dumb question:  I am just starting to learn C++ programming
for Unix/X/Motif and am deciding on which types of applications I want
to get into programming.   I had planned on focusing on
Numerical Analysis/Mathematical Programming and graphics, but I feel that
perhaps there is a larger market for Database and Networking programmers.
Does anyone have a rough idea of the percentage of Unix and DOS programmers
involved in the major programming areas (feel free to add to this list):
Databases
Networking
Graphics
CAD