Broadcasting

Post by Open Link Financi » Wed, 13 Jul 1994 22:08:54

I want to broadcast a message to every machine on a network.  I can't
find anything in the man pages.  I know that shutdown seems to do this.
Any help would be appreciated.

1. Broadcast RPC (Well, any network broadcast code...)

Hello there,

I am hoping someone will be able to help me.....

I am trying to write a program that broadcasts (RPC or not) out to the entire
local network, with all hosts running my program to repsond, with the
original instance printing the results.

I am after a similar effect to rup, and rusers. I can't find any code
relating to these anywhere - I presume the versions I have are proprietry Sun
code. I had hoped that there were BSD versions somewhere, but archie turned
up nothing.

I posted a while back about broadcast code, thanks to all those who replied,
however useful as what I was told was, it doesn't really help me in my
current problem.

I hope someone out there can point me in the right direction....

Martin.

--
Martin N. Steed

2. SuSE setup not recognizing second harddrive

3. Trying to DNAT to Broadcast-Adress / how can I tunnel a broadcast through a firewall

4. Installing 5.0 (boot from floppy)

5. udp broadcast forwarding

6. Posix.1e?

7. Broadcasting a video...

8. Rack Mount Enclosures

9. Broadcast Sockets, copy one file to n machines???

10. UDP port broadcasting

11. broadcasting using UDP

12. Problem with broadcast

13. server DHCPD ISC Linux and broadcast DHCP OFFER and ACK