Websites for unix internals & unix programming

Websites for unix internals & unix programming

Post by J.N. Subrahmanya » Sat, 10 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Dear friends,
Pls suggest some websites which provide information regarding unix
internals at the OS level. Suggest also websites which explain about
unix programming concepts.
Thanks in advance,
subrahmanyam

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Post by Arnaud Westenber » Sat, 10 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> Dear friends,
> Pls suggest some websites which provide information regarding unix
> internals at the OS level. Suggest also websites which explain about
> unix programming concepts.

I would suggest this site: http://www.ee.mu.oz.au/linux/programming/.
You can also read the Linux kernel HOWTO for its internals.

Best regards,
Arnaud

Post by d.. » Sat, 10 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> Dear friends,
> Pls suggest some websites which provide information regarding unix
> internals at the OS level. Suggest also websites which explain about
> unix programming concepts.

You might try http://www.kernel.org for the Linux kernel sources and 20 gigs of disk space for Linux software (which usualy ships with source code).

Ognen

Websites for unix internals & unix programming

Post by Chi Ho N » Fri, 16 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I don't know any website.. but I know a good book called Unix Internal
by Uresh Vahalia.

Hope this helps

Chi Ho