Static & dynamic analysis

Post by gruggier » Sat, 22 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Anyone experienced C++ static & dynamic analysis tools
running under Compaq Unix tru64? In fact, in this
environment, 'Purify' in the Rational Suite is suitable
only for static analysis.
Could you suggest similar and more powerful tools?
Thanks

Static & dynamic analysis

Post by David Pete » Wed, 26 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I didn't think that Purify was available for Tru64 Unix or whatever it's
called this week. I'm not sure of your comment about Purify only being
useful for static analysis - it's a runtime tool which in my book makes
it a dynamic analysis tool. Anyway, you could try Insure++ from
Parasoft: http://www.parasoft.com. This does static and dynamic analysis
but it's expensive.

> Anyone experienced C++ static & dynamic analysis tools
> running under Compaq Unix tru64? In fact, in this
> environment, 'Purify' in the Rational Suite is suitable
> only for static analysis.
> Could you suggest similar and more powerful tools?
> Thanks

> * Sent from AltaVista http://www.altavista.com Where you can also find related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping.  Smart is Beautiful

1. Mixing static && dynamic libs ?

Hi,

I'm using gcc to compile my app under Linux 2.2.x and I'd need to mix
static and dynamic libraries when linking an executable, I got a lot
unresolved symbol errors. So I doubt, Can I mix on the gcc command line
(for linking) the names of shared and static libs ? Do you know where
there's a complete explanation of the concept of shared libs under Linux
?

ex : gcc -o $(EXE) $(OBJSTUFF) -lmyStaticLib -lmyDynLib ...

Thanks a lot.

--
Richard Bneyt.

2. AIX Maintenance Mode

3. Dynamic & Static files?

4. Need scripts

5. static & dynamic libs

6. X11 and p5-90 w/ PCI STB 864 video card, help!

7. static & dynamic NAT with multiple external interfaces?

8. HP LaserJet 6L

9. Static ip & dynamic ip

10. Motif & static vs dynamic lib question

11. Changing DSL ISP & from static to dynamic ip

12. creating static & dynamic libraries

13. want a C++ static analysis tool....