AIX: dlopen fails with errno=8(ENOEXEC)

Post by vide.. » Thu, 18 May 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

I'm trying to load a shared object (AIX 4.2), built with this makefile:

shared:
         xlC_r -c shared.C
         ld -bnoentry -bexpall -bimport:symbols.imp -G -o shared.so
shared.o -lc

When I try to use dlopen to load that object, dlopen fails with the
ENOEXEC error. Man page on ld says that -G flag is supposed to yield a
shared object. When I replace the -G flag with -bM:SRE, dlopen works.
Why can't I use -G ? Do I have to build the calling program (the one
who calls dlopen) with some special options ?

I would appreciate any help on this subject. Thank you,

Martin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. dlopen fails with errno=8 (ENOEXEC)

Hello,

I'm trying to load a shared object (AIX 4.2), built with this makefile:

shared:
        xlC_r -c shared.C
        ld -bnoentry -bexpall -bimport:symbols.imp -G -o shared.so
shared.o -lc

When I try to use dlopen to load that object, dlopen fails with the
ENOEXEC error. Man page on ld says that -G flag is supposed to yield a
shared object. When I replace the -G flag with -bM:SRE, dlopen works.
Why can't I use -G ? Do I have to build the calling program (the one who
calls dlopen) with some special options ?

I would appreciate any help on this subject. Thank you,

Martin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. ipx ?

3. Problem with dlopen - Errno=8 [ENOEXEC]

4. Sunday Times - David Hewson

5. 'dlopen' fails on AIX

6. Unable to boot after install

7. AIX 4.3.3 ML5 : sem_init fails with ENOSYS (errno 109)

8. Duplex Printing Using Lpr

9. execl -- fails with ENOEXEC (Exec Format error)

10. dlopen producing errno=2

11. startx: errno 111, errno 3

12. Solaris 10 issue? Failed dlopen() leaves library loaded.

13. dlopen() failing, can I query to prevent it?