HELP!: encoding messages for message queues

HELP!: encoding messages for message queues

Post by David Vandenbe » Wed, 26 Apr 1995 04:00:00

I'm currently coding the communication routines for a university
assignment. I've decided to use message queues for the communications but
have no idea how to encode data structures into the strings to be passed
to the message queue..
I suppose this is more of a C programming question, but thought it would
be appropriate here since you guys would be familar with this problem.
Can anyone give me some pointers or some source code to give me a head start?
I intend to send structs and arrays (most of which are <8k)..
Any help much appreciated!

thanks

--
|| David Vandenberg [ Azaram ]
|| Bachelor of Information Technology 3rd Year
|| University of Queensland, Australia

1. HELP! encoding messages for message queues

I'm currently coding the communication routines for a university
assignment. I've decided to use message queues for the communications
but have no idea how to encode data structures into the strings to be
passed to the message queue..
I suppose this is more of a C programming question, but thought it
would be appropriate here since you guys would be familar with this
problem.
Can anyone give me some pointers or some source code to give me a head
start?
I intend to send structs and arrays (most of which are <8k)..
Any help much appreciated!

thanks

|| David Vandenberg [ Azaram ]
|| Bachelor of Information Technology 3rd Year
|| University of Queensland, Australia

2. Samba 1.9.18p7 Win NT 4.0 SERVER, Master Browser Problem

3. xdm and shadow-mk

4. Error Message of Message Queue

5. {Redhat]PPP Problem

6. Deleting a message from a message queue??

7. Linux->DosEmu->Netware: Multiuser?

8. how to see messages in message queue ...

9. Every minute there is a message line in /var/adm/messages file, please help

10. "Message Queue facility inactive" -- HELP!

11. 1 * YfLulSFjn-help queue messages for another domain

12. help queue messages for another domain