IPC problem

Post by Chan Yik Wa » Sat, 17 Dec 1994 18:39:45

Would you please tell me which kind of socket I can use?

We are developing a new system which needs to receive data from 4 19.2k
data feeds and then write to Sybase database.One process on one machine
will receive data and write to a socket, another process on another
machine will read data from the socket then write to database. So, what
will the socket type and protocal be? Shall we use a connection_oriented
socket or a connectionless socket?

Thanks for your help.

IPC problem

Post by Rajesh Jos » Tue, 20 Dec 1994 09:27:46

>Would you please tell me which kind of socket I can use?

>We are developing a new system which needs to receive data from 4 19.2k
>data feeds and then write to Sybase database.One process on one machine
>will receive data and write to a socket, another process on another
>machine will read data from the socket then write to database. So, what
>will the socket type and protocal be? Shall we use a connection_oriented
>socket or a connectionless socket?

>Thanks for your help.

In a connection-less socket, there is no guarantee of delivery of packets,
and moreover, they may arrive out of order!

I would use connection-oriented sockets.(SOCK_STREAM)

Thanks,
Rajesh
--
                                                              """
                                                             (o o)

1. IPC Problem?

Hi,

I have the following problem using SunOS 4.1.3 (BSD).

I have two separate processes.  Let's call them A and B.
Both processes spawn other processes and use fifos to
communicate with their respecitve parent.   I am
seeing process B hang in a write system call to a fifo
which is read by one of process B's spawned processes.

When I kill process A (and all of its spawned processes),
the fifo write in process B resumes.

I am not sure what the problem is.  Just for more info,
all of the fifo names are unique and several of the spawned
processes (of both A & B) do terminal io (from the keyboard and console)
using the standard unix read and write system calls.

Thanks in advance,

Dave Mazik

2. cc/gcc binary files for solaris 2.4 or 2.5

3. IPC: Problems using Shared Memory

4. Scsh (a Unix Scheme shell) FAQ

5. SunSparc Station IPC Problem.

6. PROBLEM: Using initrd loaded from syslinux causes oops during boot

7. YPBIND 2.2 failing (kernel IPC problem?)

8. Apache/PHP problems with forms

9. IPC Problem under OSE 5.0

10. Sparc IPC problems

11. IPC problem

12. tricky IPC problem

13. SYS V IPC, how does "ipcs" get list of existing IPC structures