Lockhart's OSF DCE book?

Post by Obi-W » Tue, 19 Jul 1994 17:53:12

Does anyone know anything about Harold W. Lockhart, Jr.'s book
_OSF_DCE:_Guide_to_Developing_Distributed_Applications_?  I'm
interested in parallel/distributed computing, but I haven't
done much reading on the topic.  Is it any good?  Are there
better books on the topic?  Any suggestions would be helpful.
I've got a chance to buy this book at a reduced price for a
limited time, but obviously don't want to waste my money if
the book's no good.

                                -- Obi-Wan

--
 |\_/|  AACK! ||  Women!                   ||  "Obi-Wan" (Ben Hollingsworth)
\`o.0'/       ||  Can't live with 'em ...  ||  Dept. of Comp. Sci. & Engr.

1. Learn OSF Technology at the OSF/DCE Conference

?- ?

Dear Colleague:

If you or your organization are responsible for designing, implementing, deploying, administering or managing distributed systems, the OSF Distributed Computing Environment (DCE) will impact your career.  Whether your enterprise develops software product
s, custom develops or builds applications for internal use, DCE is creating exciting new opportunities for individuals and organizations.

To find out more about this exciting new technology , you are invited to attend:

THE OSF DCE DEVELOPERS CONFERENCE
CHICAGO
FEBRUARY 27, 1995

This conference being held in conjunction with Software World USA--Taking Charge of Technology offers in-depth technical information on DCE as well as the issues surrounding the deployment of DCE across your organization.  Corporations will candidly shar
e with you their practical user experiences and compare and contrast vendor approaches.

FREE BROCHURE!

For PRIORITY HANDLING please use the code FYFER01 in your subject line to receive this bonus.  Our information-packed brochure will be sent to you via US Mail, so be sure to include your conventional mailing address as well as your phone number and FAX n
umber.

Sincerely,

Harold Lockhart
Conference Chairperson

  ? ?   `  ` s

Dear Colleague:

If you or your organization are responsible for designing, implementing, deploying, administering or € € ?New Roman

2. Printing with StarOffice

3. OSF/DCE/DME support

4. Limit retries for username/password-authentification

5. OSF DCE Developers Conference (DHCQM12)

6. man stopped working

7. OSF/DCE on Linu

8. How do I find out if DSO support is avaialable?

9. OSF DCE on WWW

10. OSF DCE RPC (ACK!ronym overload)

11. OSF DCE Developers Conference (DHCQM18)

12. OSF DCE Developers Conference (DHCQM12)

13. Does anyone use the OSF/DCE RPC 1.1 Toolkit for Linux?