kvm_open SunOS 4.1.3

Post by Stephen In » Tue, 19 Oct 1993 08:59:38

For some reason I can't get kvm_open to open a set of file descriptors, for
reading in kernal process structures.  I am trying to use the kernal VM
routines to get a list of certain processes that are running in the current
kernal.  I didn't want to use the system rountine to call ps, it runs to
slow.  When I call kvm_open with NUll parameters it returns a NULL pointer
instead of a pointer to a process structure.  I have also tried using
"/vmunix" as the namelist  parameter but that doesn't seem to work either.
Can a normal user call kvm_open or read the kernal image. I am using
SunOS 4.1.3.

You can mail me a response

Steve

--
Stephen Ince

1. kvm_open SunOS 4.1.3

For some reason I can't get kvm_open to open a set of file descriptors, for
reading in kernal process structures.  I am trying to use the kernal VM
routines to get a list of certain processes that are running in the current
kernal.  I didn't want to use the system rountine to call ps, it runs to
slow.  When I call kvm_open with NUll parameters it returns a NULL pointer
instead of a pointer to a process structure.  I have also tried using
"/vmunix" as the namelist  parameter but that doesn't seem to work either.
Can a normal user call kvm_open or read the kernal image. I am using
SunOS 4.1.3.

You can mail me a response

Steve

--
Stephen Ince

2. Rlogin strange behavior

3. patch can solve the problem of kvm_open error on solaris 2.8?

4. Monitoring Network Throughput

5. kvm_open failed, Solaris7/64, xntp3-5.93

6. smbfs fsx'ed

7. kvm_open error in ps and top on mac68k

8. Red Hat 7.2 modems

9. solaris 2.8,kvm_open() call error!

10. kvm_open: proc size mismatch

11. kvm_open, kvm_read.....

12. Solaris 2.3 prog exiting on kvm_open call on solaris 2.5

13. nlist and kvm_open