Writing UNIX daemons

Post by TMILLE » Tue, 03 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I need to find a good book or WEB page reference on writing a daemon.  Any
suggestions?  Thanks.

Writing UNIX daemons

http://www.erlenstar.demon.co.uk/unix/faq_2.html#SEC16

--

================= http://members.iquest.net/~jbuchana ====================
And all should cry, Beware! Beware! His flashing eyes, his floating hair!

Writing UNIX daemons

Post by jhal.. » Tue, 03 Nov 1998 04:00:00

>I need to find a good book or WEB page reference on writing a daemon.  Any
>suggestions?  Thanks.

If you're using AIX, the following URL ("Writing Reliable AIX
Daemons") is pretty good. Even if you're not, it's not entirely
AIX-centric.

http://www.raleigh.ibm.com:80/cgi-bin/bookmgr/BOOKS/EZ30LO00/CCONTENTS

Joe

Writing UNIX daemons

Post by Charles W. Barnet » Wed, 04 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Try "Advanced Programming in the UNIX Environment", by W. Richard Stevens.
See pages 415 to 420 for all you really have to know.
You might also want to look at "UNIX Network Programming" (same author)
p.335-339.

Quote:>I need to find a good book or WEB page reference on writing a daemon.  Any