Screen management like curses ??

Post by Damien Bill » Sat, 14 Aug 1993 02:00:27

  I am looking for a package like curses but machine independent.

  Any idea ?

  Thanks.

Post by Zeyd M. Ben-Hal » Mon, 16 Aug 1993 06:56:04

>  I am looking for a package like curses but machine independent.

>  Any idea ?

ncurses is a clone of SYSVR4 curses, and should run on systems that have
termios (sgtty may or may not work 100%), sigaction, and ANSI C compiler.

The latest sources are always in netcom.com:pub/zmbenhal.
If you pick them up, please drop me a note.

Zeyd

>  Thanks.

1. Mouse pointer likes upper left corner of screen

Ok, so I gave up on getting the onboard i815 video working on my new
Compaq and installed an old PCI video card I happened to have around.

Now I can't get the mouse to work.

I had the machine working just fine with XFree3 and the VGA-16 server
(ooh, look, I think that is _green_) and the mouse worked fine too.

Now the graphics work, but as soon as I touch the mouse, the pointer
shoots up to the upper left corner of the screen and refuses to come
out. Oh, it darts around like maybe it might come out, but it's just
teasing. It never goes more than a few inches away from the corner.

At one point, trying all of the mouse configuration options I got a
/kernel: psmintr out of sync
but normally there are not any error messages.

Any wisdom appreciated.

2. LOG - Analyzer for IBM FW 3.3

3. curses curses curses

4. 2.5.43-mm1 with contest

5. Clearing the screen after a curses escape

6. sgi challenge server S

7. Using curses without clearing the screen

8. Diamond (S3/968): Fonts fuzzy, vertical lines not straight and other problems

9. Is there a way to design screens using curses?

10. curses: how to clear the screen, but not black?

11. Simple clear screen curses question

12. problem with screen update optimization in curses

13. full screen "CICS like" curses software wanted