Blooming EDI

Post by Rob » Fri, 05 Apr 2002 00:09:26

Has anyone had to do any EDI programming?

I just can't see the logic behind when a '+' is used to seperate fields and
a ':'

In both cases there seem to be simply field seperators. If I treat them that
way will I hit a snag at a later date?

Officially
colon    is component data element seperator
plus        is data element seperator
In practice I can't see what the difference is.

Blooming EDI

Post by Rob » Sat, 06 Apr 2002 18:13:43

I'll take that as a no then shall I.

1. Microsoft: The bloom is off the rose

Microsoft: The bloom is off the rose

It appears that Microsoft is losing its magic touch. One after another
its new ventures are turning out to be duds or to be limited successes
i.e. Win95 did not push Win 3.11 out of the marketplace.

http://www.mediacentral.com/Magazines/MediaDaily/index.html#01

--
Michael Dillon                   -               ISP & Internet Consulting
Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-604-546-3049

2. please subscribe

3. Memory Blooming/G3 LinuxPPC R5

4. FAT32 and PnP

5. Powerful New Security Feature Enables Users to Perform Secure EDI over the Internet

6. New: Linux Slackware 3.3 on CD-ROM only US$19.50

7. EDI Project Leader AS/400

8. smtp server probleem ???

9. VLB SCSI and EDI card

10. installing to EDI-disks from ATAPI CD-ROM (mistery)

11. EDI

12. How to get IP-address from the address name [edi]

13. EDI On UNIX PLATFORMS?