Help making 'make' general on DEC Alpha and SUN Sparc

Help making 'make' general on DEC Alpha and SUN Sparc

Post by Angus Grandiso » Tue, 04 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Can anyone help?

I am tring to write a general makefile which will run on both SUN and
DEC:-(

I am currently having trouble with the following line

$(OBJD)%.o:$(SOURCE)%.f

This line works on the sun but not the DEC

By doing the following amendment it will work on the dec but not the
sun:

$(OBJD)%.o:$(SOURCE)%.f

Is there a general method which will perform the above macro.

Thanks in advance, please email and post any response

Angus.

Angus Grandison

The University of Greenwich
School of Computing and Mathematical Sciences
The Centre for Numerical Modelling and Process Analysis
Wellington Street
Woolwich
London SE18 6PF
ENGLAND

Tel No. +44 (0)181 331 8567
Fax No. +44 (0)181 331 8925

1. Help making 'make' general on DEC Alpha and SUN Sparc

Can anyone help?

 I am tring to write a general makefile which will run on both SUN and
 DEC:-(

I am currently having trouble with the following line
  $(OBJD)%.o:$(SOURCE)%.f

 This line works on the sun but not the DEC

 By doing the following amendment it will work on the dec but not the
 sun:

 $(OBJD)%.o:$(SOURCE)%.f

 Is there a general method which will perform the above macro.

 Thanks in advance, please email and post any response

 Angus.

2. Smail Problems

3. Making 'nobanner' Default in V.3.2 'lp'

4. TB Malibu install help

5. My 'made-by-printtool' lp queue doesn't queue.

6. wide character I/O stuff workaround

7. Home made 'Web Server' questions

8. Terayon Cable Modems

9. Mklinux: 'mount' command makes X-windows blank?

10. Making fingerd tell who's being finger'd

11. Making ``.plan'' EXECUTE a Program ???

12. kernel does not 'remember' the changes made.

13. Making RPM work Like Irix 'gendist'