Ansi chracter graphic.

Post by Edwin Goh Nign H » Tue, 09 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I still remember few years back, when I loggin to some local BBS, the
system present me with impressive ANSI character graphics. Recently I
just finish develop a simple virtual room clent-server program, I
would like to have such screen present to user when their loggin.
I think I will need an ANSI character drawing program, and send each
character to the client side, am I right? how about making the
character blink, bold, and etc. used escape sequences? how??
Please give me some idea.
Thanks..

Ansi chracter graphic.

Post by Ben Rosenga » Tue, 09 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Look at the ncurses package.  If it's not already on your system, post
again and I'll track down where to get it.

Quote:>I still remember few years back, when I loggin to some local BBS, the

--

 Ben

"You have your mind on computers, it seems."

Ansi chracter graphic.

Post by T.E.Dicke » Wed, 10 Jun 1998 04:00:00

: Look at the ncurses package.  If it's not already on your system, post
: again and I'll track down where to get it.
The current version of ncurses is 4.2
There's an faq at
        http://www.veryComputer.com/

(though my interpretation of his request isn't for that, but for one of
the drawing programs)

:>I still remember few years back, when I loggin to some local BBS, the
:>system present me with impressive ANSI character graphics. Recently I
:>just finish develop a simple virtual room clent-server program, I
:>would like to have such screen present to user when their loggin.
:>I think I will need an ANSI character drawing program, and send each
:>character to the client side, am I right? how about making the
:>character blink, bold, and etc. used escape sequences? how??
:>Please give me some idea.
:>Thanks..

: --

:  Ben

: "You have your mind on computers, it seems."

--
Thomas E.*ey

http://www.veryComputer.com/

1. SEYON & ANSI-BBS graphics

I know i can use colors with seyon, but is there a way to let seyon display the
correct ibm/dos graphics used in the various BBSs. (Vertical & horizontal lines)

--
DickyDick

ONLY A DICK MAKES IT POSSIBLE

2. Suse 7.3 on beige G3 DT

3. Getting Xterm to understand IBM ANSI graphic characters?

4. How I got Linksys LNE100TX 4.1 ethernet card up

5. BBS ANSI Graphics and telnet?

6. Using PC Matrox MMII PCI in a Starmax

7. ANSI GRAPHICS

8. Running remote X apps locally

9. ANSI Graphics & TCSH/BSD

10. ansi graphic

11. tcsh with ansi graphics

12. ANSI graphics in Linux

13. SCO ANSI terminal vs. regular ANSI terminal