complex arithmetic

Post by Frans van Hoes » Sat, 26 Dec 1992 07:28:43

a simpel question for those who know the answer...
given a complex number as z=ix+y, how does one do
division
if z>w

and what are other 'standard' operations on complex numbers (besides
*, /, -, +) one expects in a language that would support complex numbers?

I could look it up, but I remember reading something on the news (on some
news group) about doing division correctly (related to rieman surfaces)

any help is greatly appreciated.

-- frans

--
--    ==============================================================    --

--    ==============================================================    --

1. Date arithmetic

I have a ksh script that needs to check the current date and the
expiration date for an account, compute the number of days until
expiration, and report to the user when that gets less than some chosen
value.  The expiration date will be read from an ASCII file.  Its format
has not been set, so it can be whatever is easiest (yy/mm/dd, mm/dd/yy,
etc.).  Perl could do this quite nicely, but perl isn't available on all
the systems the script must run on.  I vaguely recall a discussion of
date arithmetic here some weeks ago, but of course then I didn't have a
need.  What is the best way to do this with "standard" Unix commands?

Amaze me again with your creativity!

--
Ed Moore
Hewlett-Packard

2. Socket troubles

3. Calendar arithmetic

4. Convert QT5.0 (3.0) .mov file to MPEG/VCD ?

5. Date Arithmetic: need help

6. how to find the owner/admin of x.x.x.*?

7. character arithmetic

8. PPP Connection help needed

9. arithmetic with numbers

10. 26710 Arithmetic Exception - core dumped

11. Arithmetic in csh?

12. Help with Arithmetic problem.

13. Calendar arithmetic