Help! Need Reverse Engineer Tool

Post by John McQue » Thu, 20 Jun 1996 04:00:00

   Need to document system developed by other programmers on a Sun
system.  Does anyone out there know of a unix tool that can analyze
C code and generate structure charts and/or function call references.
Anything you might know of is more than I have now.

Thanks In Advance
John

Post by simon gola » Thu, 20 Jun 1996 04:00:00

> Newsgroups: comp.unix.programmer
> Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 09:33:57 -0400

>    Need to document system developed by other programmers on a Sun
> system.  Does anyone out there know of a unix tool that can analyze
> C code and generate structure charts and/or function call references.
> Anything you might know of is more than I have now.

John,

I remember a tool called Sniff+, that I looked a while ago. Cannot remember the name
of the company that makes it though, but they have a Web page with more info. It does what
you want, and more (can take C and C++ code). Maybe it is just called Sniff... :-|

--

\_\_\_  Without action there is no change. _/_/_/

Post by Dave Gaulde » Sat, 22 Jun 1996 04:00:00

>    Need to document system developed by other programmers on a Sun
> system.  Does anyone out there know of a unix tool that can analyze
> C code and generate structure charts and/or function call references.
> Anything you might know of is more than I have now.

> Thanks In Advance
> John

I have been evaluating a program called xgeorge by Qualsoft
Corp., PA.  Sounds like it might fit the bill.  Free eval.
Contact http://www.qsoft.com or call 215-938-6870.
--

Post by Karl Zder » Wed, 26 Jun 1996 04:00:00

>    Need to document system developed by other programmers on a Sun
> system.  Does anyone out there know of a unix tool that can analyze
> C code and generate structure charts and/or function call references.
> Anything you might know of is more than I have now.

> Thanks In Advance
> John

  man cflow

 (its on most unix systems)

Youre only as young as the woman you feel.