need help with RPC

Post by Cobelens, M.T » Wed, 05 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I'm in desperate need of help... I'm trying to write a program that sends a string from the server to the client.. nothing more. The other way around, no problem. But from the
server to the client.. i can't get it to work. The server and the client compile without any problem, the server runs without any problem, but when i start the client.. i just get a core dumped?? Could someone please help me with this? does anyone have a simple example of how it should be done...?

Thanx in advance, Marc.

need help with RPC

Post by Axel-St├ęphane C. Sm?rgr » Thu, 06 Jul 1995 04:00:00

> I'm in desperate need of help... I'm trying to write a program that sends a string from the server to the client.. nothing more. The other way around, no problem. But from the
> server to the client.. i can't get it to work. The server and the client compile without any problem, the server runs without any problem, but when i start the client.. i just get a core dumped?? Could someone please help me with this? does anyone have a > simple example of how it should be done...?

> Thanx in advance, Marc.

It would be easier to help if you include the relevant code...

-ascs

1. Need help with rpc.statd and rpc.lockd messages (AIX 3.2)

For each workstation that I've upgraded to AIX 3.2 so far, we start to
get these messages on the console:

        Cannot register service: RPC: 1882-008 timed out
        rpc.statd: 1831-119 unable to register
                (SM_PROG, SM_VERS, udp)
        rpc.lockd: 1831-057 unable to register
                (NLM_PROG, NLM_VERS, tcp)

Are we missing something in /etc/services?  Any suggestions or help or
comments would definitely be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

2. KDE, Setting Env Vars, LD_LIBRARY_PATH?, .xinitrc - help

3. need help: getting rpc errmsg on console

4. What Tape backup should I buy?

5. Need help with RPC timeout error

6. ppp

7. Need help with RPC errors

8. Small mem (1M) version for use as NFS server?

9. Need help on RPC between UNIX and Win/NT/95

10. Need help with RPC question

11. Need help with RPC server?

12. HELP!- I need rpc.lockd and rpc.statd for linux.

13. How to use rpc.portmap, rpc.mountd, rpc.nfsd?