ftp script?

Post by WLCHE » Fri, 20 Nov 1998 04:00:00

> > To all the ace unix programmer out there,

> >         Well...I know nothing about program or unix..so I hope that someone out
> > there can help me with this...I wanna make a script/shell thingy that
> > will allow me to attack loggin into an ftp site if loggin in is
> > unsucessful.

> > Thank You in advance

> Well, I'm sure you're not trying to break into someone's system, so here
> goes:

> Get good grades in high school.
> Get a scholarship to a good college.
> Major in Computer Science.

> When you graduate, you will have all the information you need.

HAHAHAH!

i'm not tryin to do anything * with it...just need a script to
automate things abit...so i dont need to keep loggin into a ftp site
manually if the site is full! :)

ftp script?

Post by Kurup » Fri, 20 Nov 1998 04:00:00

> > > To all the ace unix programmer out there,

> > >         Well...I know nothing about program or unix..so I hope that someone out
> > > there can help me with this...I wanna make a script/shell thingy that
> > > will allow me to attack loggin into an ftp site if loggin in is
> > > unsucessful.

> > > Thank You in advance

> > Well, I'm sure you're not trying to break into someone's system, so here
> > goes:

> > Get good grades in high school.
> > Get a scholarship to a good college.
> > Major in Computer Science.

> > When you graduate, you will have all the information you need.

> HAHAHAH!

> i'm not tryin to do anything * with it...just need a script to
> automate things abit...so i dont need to keep loggin into a ftp site
> manually if the site is full! :)

DOH! this message is suppose to go under the message from Kurupt (me)...

ftp script?

Post by Randy Kaelb » Fri, 20 Nov 1998 04:00:00

: i'm not tryin to do anything * with it...just need a script to
: automate things abit...so i dont need to keep loggin into a ftp site
: manually if the site is full! :)

Get ncftp. I believe it will do just this thing for you, in addition, it's
a lot easier to use than the default ftp text client.

Randy

1. Got "Broken pipe" message during FTP session w/FTP script

   Hi,

     I have a problem with the current FTP script that I am using:
   Here it is:

!/usr/bin/ksh

{
cat <<END
ftp -n -v << EOF
open "host"
user "user" "password" "account"
lcd local/directory
END

sed -e 's/.*/get &/' filelist

cat <<END
quit
EOF
END

  What this script is supposed to do is to continuously "get file#.tar.Z."
from the "filelist" in one FTP command.  There are over 100 FILES
to get and this entire process consumes around 30 minutes.

    The MAJOR PROBLEM with this script is when I added the "-v" (verbose)
 command in the initial FTP command.  The reason I added the "-v" command
 was to get some FEEDBACK from the remote FTP server.  I'd say about
 90 percent of the time I get this ERROR displayed on my screen:

ftp: accept: Protocol error
426 Data connection: Broken pipe.
421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection
Not connected.
Not connected.
Not connected.
Not connected.

    After this message, I was KICKED OUT of my FTP site and only about
  25 percent of the files are TRANSFERRED OVER.

    The FUNNY THING is that when I GET RID OF the "-v" command in the
  initial FTP script, EVERYTHING works fine (the script works 100
  percent of the time).  All my files are safely
  transferred over BUT I want some sort of INDICATION from the remote
  server on what files are being transferred DISPLAYED on my screen.

  Any Suggestions ???

  Thanks,

  Ming.
--
Ming Fung

2. Linux PPP latency

3. FTP Scripts

4. "crc error, system halted"

5. FTP script

6. USBView Error after Recompiling 2.4.2 kernel

7. FTP script question...

8. libgr.so.1

9. ftp script "disappears"

10. FTP SCRIPT