Shared Memory using the proc/ structure.

Shared Memory using the proc/ structure.

Post by Laxman Rajagopal » Tue, 11 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Hi All :
        If a process spawns a child, is it possible for them to communicate using the /proc structure?. Instead of opening up a socket for communication I am trying to use shared memory to do the same and was wondering if /proc could be used to that effect. It it is not possible, then how do I generate a shared memory structure?.
        Your help will be much appreciated.

        -Laxman

1. Debugging using structured proc implementation

Hi, I am trying to write a debugging program using Solaris structured
proc implementation (as opposed to ioctl). I have read the proc(4) man
pages. Wonders if there are any other tutorials, articles, web pages
or sample codes that I can reference? In particular, I would like to
find out more on how to write to the /proc/<pid>/ctl file to control
the program flow. Currently, I am only able to stop the program using
PCSTOP.

Thanks

2. bug in gnu 'test'

3. Shared memory and dyamic data structures

4. Slackware 3.0 - Perl 5.003 - Segmentation fault

5. C Structure in Shared Memory question.

6. HP722 Printer Networking Help

7. Using a shared lib as shared memory: Possible?

8. Install Suse Linux from HardDisk ?

9. mmap, shared memory, and /proc/pid/map

10. Shared memory quantity not being reflected by /proc/meminfo

11. Solaris 10: Increasing the process data space; shared memory segments & intimate shared memory problems

12. Using Elf and procfs to get at memory structures

13. proc using virtual memory