SUN Modem/Serial Prg

Post by Bryant K Nguy » Wed, 25 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Please cc: to

Hello there!  Would someone please assist?

I've got a customized paging software that I wrote.  I am able to
communicate to the modem (standard hayes compatible) at 7 databits or 8
databits.

Here's the dilemma.  I need to open the port in 8 databits to see expected
to talk to a server via modem-to-modem at 7 databits.  When I open the
port using 7 databits, I cannot get standard responses (such as OK,
CONNECT,etc.)

The same program w/ minor changes works well on SGI.  Regardless of
whether or not I set the databits to 7 or 8, I get the standard OK
response.  Do you have any suggestions?  By the way, I have the FAQ, so
the port open and settings are direct from there!  Thank you very much!

<Khanh>

--

1. Q: Prg. Modem

Would someone please assist?

I'm writing a modem program that dials into another modem.  The
communication is via **7 Databits**.  The problem is that when i attempt
to establish a connection, the standard response to commands such as "AT"
are not "readable".  This is because I open the modem port and set the
databit to 7 Databits.  However, if I set the databit to 8 Databits, then
the standard response to "AT" (which is "OK") is received.

i.e.,
Port open as **7 Databits**
AT
ATcA-|

Port open as **8 Databits**
AT
OK

Must I open the port as 8 Databits to properly talk to my modem (i.e.,
send and receive AT OK, CONNECT) and dial out, followed by switching to 7
Databits?  Am I doing something wrong?  Thanks in advance!

SUN Solaris 5.6, external hayes compatible modem

2. Firewall problems using ipchains

3. Sun Blade 100 serial port modem problem

4. Need compiled htpasswd.exe for Win95

5. Non-standard Modem on Sun serial port

6. slip ip address/subnet

7. Keywords: Sun, zs serial port, 38400 baud limit, V.34 modem (Win95/NT)

8. I surrender; SCSI Zip and Redhat 5.1

9. Handle a SUN Blade 10 over Serial Null Modem Cable

10. Sun to Sun over Serial

11. Sun serial Interface <-> Cisco router serial Interface

12. Serial port to serial port with null modem cable

13. Problem using USB to Serial adapter(GUC232A) for a serial modem