Lex (Flex) and Yacc (or Bison) questions.

Lex (Flex) and Yacc (or Bison) questions.

Post by Francois Felix INGRA » Thu, 06 Jun 1991 21:28:02

I am not quite sure if these are the right newsgroups for these questions, but
I cannot find any Lex or Yacc (or even bison) Newsgroups.

I would like to know if it is possible to redirect the input while you are
parsing a grammar (like if you were parsing an include command for example)

foo bar command etc...
#include "foo.text"
other command etc...

For example in the previous example, I want to parse everything (let say from
stdin) before the #include, and as soon as I find the include, I want to
continue to parse from the file foo.text. Upon EOF, I want to switch back to
the stdin. If this is possible, I would appreciate an example.

Another related question, is it possible to parse more than one grammar in the
same executable?

Last question... Is it possible to use call yyparse for a subset of a grammar?
or to explicitly call the parser on one specific rule?

Please, answer by e-mail, as I do not read this newsgroup regularly.

Thanks in advance,
Francois Felix INGRAND                   "Read my Lisp... No new syntax" (nil)

1. Object-oriented lex(flex) and yacc(bison) for c++?

I'm interested in using lex and yacc to implement a parser for one of
my projects, and would really like to know if there's something out
there that facilitates something a little easier to incorperate it into
my c++ code.  I'd like to have a Parser class, which uses the two
utilities.  What's out there that might help, or be of interest?

Any suggestions or pointers would be greatly appreciated...

[I prefer email responses, since I don't have time to read news often.]

-Christian

2. dual boot with win 2000

3. lookinf for Flex.Lex and Bison/Yacc ...

4. DMZ with Vendor Managed WAN?

5. flex/lex/bison/yacc parser for C ?

6. fpverion output -> no FPU?

7. Yacc/Lex vs Bison/Flex

8. SuSE6.3 YAST2

9. lex/flex and yacc/bison

10. lexer/parser generators other than lex/yacc/flex/bison

11. flex/bison(lex/yacc) help needed.

12. flex,lex,yacc & bison doc???

13. Lex/Yacc Substitute (not bison/flex)