simple telnet client source code

Post by mike.. » Sat, 15 May 1999 04:00:00

Does anyone out there know of where there is
a simple telnet client source code which
write DON'T to the server when you hear WILL
from the server and says WON'T to the server
when you hear DO from the server. I believe
this is all that you need to make a telnet client
work,

Thanks
Mike

simple telnet client source code

Post by Andrew Gabri » Sun, 16 May 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

>Does anyone out there know of where there is
>a simple telnet client source code which
>write DON'T to the server when you hear WILL
>from the server and says WON'T to the server
>when you hear DO from the server. I believe
>this is all that you need to make a telnet client
>work,

That and a large dose of the Principle of Robustness*
where most telnet servers are concerned...

*See RFC1122 Requirements for Internet hosts - communication layers

--
Andrew Gabriel
Consultant Software Engineer