Parallel wirtual machine

Post by Guzma Vladimi » Thu, 10 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

I am just curious if anyone even heard about subject?
I am asking here, because I am sure that if it realy exists, it runs FreeBSD:)

thanks

Vlado Guzma

Parallel wirtual machine

Post by Dave Simo » Fri, 11 Aug 2000 04:00:00

We've tracked down the source of the following rumour to

GMT :

Quote:>Hello,

>I am just curious if anyone even heard about subject?
>I am asking here, because I am sure that if it realy exists,
>it runs FreeBSD:)

>thanks

>Vlado Guzma

There's a NG called comp.parallel.pvm

Cheers

Dave

--
OK, I've installed the free software. Now where's the free beer?

To mail me swing an axe between underscore and dave.

1. Request: mbuf management without wirtual memory

Hello all,

IN SHORT

        Does anyone have code/advice about allocating mbufs and
clusters (like in Berkeley's uipc_mbuf.c) out of some fixed chunk of
memory, rather than out of the Unix virtual memory mechanics ?

IN DETAIL

        I am porting the Berkeley 4.3 Internet and sockets code
into a small and simple microprocessor-based box. The box has no
kernel (i.e. I am writing/porting code which talks directly to
hardware, with no routines below me) and has some small amount of RAM.
Running the Berkeley networking requires me to allocate mbufs and
clusters out of this RAM. The Berkeley mbuf allocating code
(uipc_mbuf.c) allocates mbufs out of the rather complicated Unix
virtual memory mechanism. I am a bit confused by this. I modified
this code to allocate mbufs as required by my application, but I
don't trust my code. Did somebody more expert that me do this work
before ?

Friendly,
                                Marcin.

To readers inside DEC
=====================

If you followup this message, your
followup will by default be distributed worldwide, not
only inside DEC. This is because I'm sending this both to
a DEC internal and to a worldwide newsgroup.

2. NetKit: lpd (server) "forgets" multiple jobs

3. SCO FastStart problem... wirtual domains

4. CD-ROM/VOLD Volume Manager start-up problems...

5. Parallel zip drive on a SCSI machine

6. ISC-DHCP or WIDE-DHCP

7. Coonecting Two machines via serial/parallel

8. Free Solaris7 as a learning tool

9. PVM (Parallel Virtual Machine) and Linux ???

10. Need help adding 3rd parallel port to SCO SystemV/386 machine

11. parallel port on ultra machines

12. Linux & PVM (parallel virtual machine)

13. Serial-to-serial (or parallel-to-parallel) wireless?