CPU graphical performance monitor for SMP system

CPU graphical performance monitor for SMP system

Post by Elvis Che » Tue, 05 Mar 2002 07:09:18

greetings,

can someone please recommend a graphical CPU performance monitor that is
suitable for a dual-CPU system?  I'm using FreeBSD 4.5.

I just installed xosview 1.7.4.  Unlike its counterpart in linux,this
version (which I compiled from ports) only monitors 1 CPU instead of 2.

thanks in advance,

ECC

Post by David Leeman » Tue, 05 Mar 2002 08:13:23

> greetings,

> can someone please recommend a graphical CPU performance monitor that is
> suitable for a dual-CPU system?  I'm using FreeBSD 4.5.

> I just installed xosview 1.7.4.  Unlike its counterpart in linux,this
> version (which I compiled from ports) only monitors 1 CPU instead of 2.

I don't know if it supports SMP machines, but Gkrellm does a nice job.
Get it here : http://web.wt.net/~billw/gkrellm/gkrellm.html

--

  David Leemans --------[http://freeunix.dyndns.org:8088/]--
  running FreeBSD 4.5 on Athlon XP 1800

CPU graphical performance monitor for SMP system

Post by Jeremy Jansse » Tue, 05 Mar 2002 17:02:02

On Sun, 03 Mar 2002 23:13:23 GMT, David Leemans

>I don't know if it supports SMP machines, but Gkrellm does a nice job.
>Get it here : http://web.wt.net/~billw/gkrellm/gkrellm.html

I install gkrellm from ports on my dual, but it only shows one CPU
monitor. Afaics this seems to be the default behavior on FreeBSD.
However, when you launch "top" you should see a C field, with values
of 0 and 1. That's the CPU your process is running on.

Regards,
Jeremy.
Jeremy Janssens [ Running Linux and FreeBSD ]
http://www.gnu-linux.net/ - http://www.homenet.be/

1. graphical performance monitor

What graphical performance monitors are available for Linux?  I'd like
something like the Windows 95/98 System Monitor.  Also, is there some kind
of monitor to indicate a PPP connection is alive, like the one in the
Windows system tray?  Thanks.

<remove 7of9 for e-mail replies>

--
Bill Jones                 e-mail addresses:

(860) 437-5650     WWW:  http://pages.cthome.net/billj

2. kerberos

3. Graphical performance monitoring tool

4. ATI Rage Pro AGP 2x - XF86

5. Graphical Performance monitor for Unix

6. differences between su root and su - root

7. SMP with Mandrake 7.1 and dual CPU performance ???

8. Cyrix, MGA Millennium & set6x86

9. SMP capable CPU load monitor - where?

10. SMP performance monitor

11. need graphical systems monitor package

12. System Monitor Tool - looking for a graphical one

13. CPU Model IDs(string) inconsistant on SMP AMD System (2.4.18-rc4)