hosts.allow (sorry if this is a double post)

hosts.allow (sorry if this is a double post)

Post by Anonymous Poste » Tue, 06 Nov 2001 07:38:00

I'm trying to be specific about what I let allow and disallow in my
hosts.allow file.

This is my complete hosts.allow file below:

# hosts.allow access control file for "tcp wrapped" applications.
#
ALL  : localhost 127.0.0.1 : allow
sshd : 192.168.0.2/255.255.255.0 : allow
ALL  : ALL : deny

where 192.168.0.2 is the workstation I used to ssh into the freebsd server.
If I leave the hosts.allow as is and try ssh-ing into the server I get a
"connection refused 192.168.0.2" message on my bsd box and likewise a "could
not connect" error on my workstation.

If I modify the "ALL : ALL : deny" to "ALL : ALL : allow" then every works
but I'm totally defeating the purpose of what I'm tryin to do. Where am I
going wrong?

Cheers!

1. vi replace second matching pattern in every line - Help Please sorry for double posting

Greetings,

Can some body help  me to replace the second match of a string in every

line in vi
unix, AIX 5L

Sorry for posting under a different topic.  For some reason its going
under a different topic,  I apologize for this.

Moving a bunch of files from one dir to other

mv /u01/oradata/XXXX/file1  /u01/oradata/XXXX/file1
mv /u01/oradata/XXXX/file2  /u01/oradata/XXXX/file2
mv /u02/oradata/XXXXX/file1a /u02/oradata/XXXXX/file1a
mv /u09/oradata/XXXX/file2a /u09/oradata/XXXX/file2a

I want to replace the 2nd XXXX to YYYYY

Regards & Thanks
BN

2. Wordperfect for Linux - where to order from?

3. setting up a LAN (double post? sorry)

4. Identifying files older than a specified date

5. Help with Laserjet 4l and aps (sorry for the double post)

6. Solaris 8 NIS client to a RedHat 6.2 server - passwd map problems?

7. sorry for the double post but i still need help

8. Cannot add printer

9. FTape 2.06 (sorry for double post)

10. Double posting - Sorry

11. sorry about double post

12. sorry for the double post earlier

13. testing...sorry if I am posting too much