PCI modem

Post by Natha » Tue, 06 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Greetings,

Does anybody have experience setting up PCI modems w/ FreeBSD?
I recently purchased an Actiontec 56K Internal PCI Call Waiting
modem.  This is definitely not a winmodem; installation with Linux is
quite thoroughly documented in the instruction manual.
A Deja search turned up no info, only that I would have to recompile
the kernel.  I am currently running FreeBSD 3.4 and would be willing
to upgrade if necessary.

I'd hate to have to switch to Linux just to use the modem!
~Nate

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

PCI modem

Post by Sean P. Robertso » Wed, 07 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Can you set the Com, Irq, Address, etc. ?

Quote:> Greetings,

> Does anybody have experience setting up PCI modems w/ FreeBSD?
> I recently purchased an Actiontec 56K Internal PCI Call Waiting
> modem.  This is definitely not a winmodem; installation with Linux is
> quite thoroughly documented in the instruction manual.
> A Deja search turned up no info, only that I would have to recompile
> the kernel.  I am currently running FreeBSD 3.4 and would be willing
> to upgrade if necessary.

> I'd hate to have to switch to Linux just to use the modem!
> ~Nate

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

PCI modem

Post by Natha » Thu, 08 Jun 2000 04:00:00

In Windoze I can change the Address, but it seems set at Com 5 IRQ 10.

It's the Com 5 part that gets me; I've done some basic tweaking on the
the kernel a few times before, but I have no experience in doing
something like this, and I can't seem to find any pertinant
info in LINT and the FreeBSD Handbook.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

-Nathan