ed0 on fbsd 2.2.8-stable

Post by zach » Thu, 25 Mar 1999 04:00:00

im having problems with getting fbsd 2.2.8 to recognize my nic. it's an old
ass ne2000 pnp isa card. i have this line in my kernel "device ed0 at isa?
port 0x280 net irq 10 iomem 0xd8000 vector edintr" which is what the install
put. however, on boot it says device not found, or no such device. there
also is no /dev/ed0 and /dev/MAKEDEV /dev/ed0 wont do it. it says no such
device name. same goes for ed1.. i know the nic works because ive used it in
linux and it still gives me a boot prompt (i said its old) when i startup. i
have also tried using the line "device ed0 at isa? port? net irq? iomem
0xd8000 vector edintr" but that didnt help any either. i have no idea where
to go from here, any suggestions? thanks in advance.

1. Best way to change from FBSD-2.2.7 to FBSD-4.1-stable

On my first disk I'm running FBSD-2.2.7 . My second disk, a 9 Gig disk,
is physically
connected, but still empty. I would like to put FBSD-4.1-stable on my
second disk
and wonder what is the best way to do that. Should I install the new OS
from scratch
or is it more advisable to upgrade from the 2.2.7 version?

Any tips and comments are greatly appreciated.

TIA
Friedhelm
---

2. OT - Optical trackballs.

3. FBSD 2.2.2 vs. FBSD 2.2-STABLE

4. closer sup server?

5. ed0 on fbsd 2.2.8-RELEASE

6. Shutting down X

7. FBSD 3.1 Stable and Netscape Comm 4.5 Problem

8. Printer problem and RH 7.2

9. FBSD 3.2 Stable and Netscape 4.61 Color Question

10. How to upgrade my FBSD 4.1.1-release to 4.1.1-stable using CTM ?

11. HELP: Kernel Tuning FBSD 2.2-STABLE

12. RAID 5 COntroller support in FBSD 3.4-STABLE?????

13. FBSD 3.0 Stable and Matrox G200 AGP