NIS server etc

Post by Kevin Luf » Thu, 06 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hi all....
Can anybody tell me where I can get source for a NIS server (and
client,tools, etc) for FreeBSD3.2 ???

Kevin

NIS server etc

Post by Ed Bardsle » Thu, 06 Jan 2000 04:00:00

FreeBSD already has one that comes with the default installation. Have a
look here for instructions on setting it up.

http://www.freebsdzine.org/199903/features/nis.html

>Hi all....
>Can anybody tell me where I can get source for a NIS server (and
>client,tools, etc) for FreeBSD3.2 ???

>Kevin

1. NIS : auth problem with Linux nis server and SUN sparc nis client

Hello,

I'v found some very old message about this problem in this group, but
there was no solution.

I' ve set up a NIS server on a Linux machine ( ubuntu 5.01)
following this howto
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/NIS-HOWTO/index.html
http://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/serveur/nis

everything seems to be ok
my sun machine is binded to ypserv on linux

inv09748 ( my linux nis server)

cao8:$1$JL6XpfxxxxxqctkdfFSycuu/:5008:5000::/home/cao8:/usr/bin/ksh

but when i try to log with cao8 => " incorrect login"

i can only log with root

loggued with root in can do :
su - cao8
and it works fine

so ... if someone can help, i will be very gracefull

(sorry for my english, i'm french)

2. Need help for Boot Disk

3. NIS+ : Can an HP be a NIS client to a Sun NIS+ server

4. DNS checking problem?

5. differences between nis servers and nis+ servers?

6. I Am Very Sorry!!!

7. changing passwd on NIS server updates /etc/shadow only and not shadow.byname map

8. Can't login into Linux Mandrake with new user account...

9. SCO OS5 + NIS - /etc/passwd + /etc/group

10. Convert NIS passwd back to standard /etc/passwd & /etc/shadow

11. NIS/YP problems; alternate password file, /etc/nis_update etc.

12. Help, NIS+ Server, NIS Client

13. Solaris NIS server and Linux NIS client : problems