FreeBSD zero-copy socket patch

Post by East-Wes » Tue, 11 Dec 2001 01:27:30

As far as I have found, the patch written by Gallatin seems the only
available patch that exists for FreeBSD.

Any one knows of other patch that provide zero-copy socket interface?
(zero-copy for both send/recv, not just one provided by sendfile).

Thanks.

John

1. Zero-copy socket library

I need a path through the Linux TCP/IP stack that is as free of data
movement as possible. For this, I need a faster socket library for Linux
that uses zero-copy buffers, similar to the zbufs of VxWorks.

[1]
Has any such zero-copy socket library been developed for Linux?

[2]
Are any under development?

[3]
What are the major issues in implementing such a library, if I wanted to
undertake this task?

Thanks,
Rishi.

2. wrong architecture binaries?

3. Zero-copy TCP

4. Executing Netscape 1.12

5. [cft] zero-copy dma cd writing and ripping

6. ethtool 1.4 released

7. Zero-copy IO

8. customising 3.2 distributions

9. Possible problem with zero-copy TCP and sendfile()

10. zero-copy networking & a performance drop

11. zero-copy networking

12. csum_and_copy_from_user, tcp_sendmsg and zero-copy question

13. Zero-copy IO