I get cap PPP, but no pinging can be done?

I get cap PPP, but no pinging can be done?

Post by Loren Schoole » Thu, 27 Nov 1997 04:00:00

I have been connecting fine and mad for a long time with PPP.  Yesterday
I downloaded a file, half way thru it cut me off for no apparant reason,
and I have not been able to ping again,  even though I dial back up and
get PPP like I am supposed to.  I have ruled put the remote unit I dial
to. I can't figure out what I could re-enable, or what?

Anyone had this prob? I don't want to reinstall the whole OS just for
PPP.

Loren
2.2.5

:
: Anyone had this prob? I don't want to reinstall the whole OS just for
: PPP.

Hmmmm, I'm always suspect of situations where everything worked,
nothing was changed, and things stopped working....

What does ``netstat -rn'' say after you've connected ?  Does it have
a ``default'' entry ?  Are there any errors in /var/log/ppp.log ?

: Loren
: 2.2.5

--

      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>